Wednesday, January 8, 2014

No judgements

I know it's not fall. I made my blog to what makes me happy. Not this cold wintry weather that's yucky. I wish it was fall all year. Nice, warm, light jacket type fall. Crisp, clean, hike in the mountains type air. sigh.....

Our lives are so crazy I cannot keep up with the journaling aspect of my little blog world. What I need to do is get on at least once a week and update little bits so it's not so overwhelming to update such a large amount of time. Perhaps a new years' resolution??? hmmm....
We'll just say Christmas was amazing and I'll update with pics later.
Most recently, we went to the airport on Sunday and picked up our new exchange student! Her name is Jasmin (think German pronunciation - "Yass-meen"). She is from Austria and is the nicest little thing! She worked for a while in a kindergarten (which is young ages before they start school). You can tell because she steps right in to help take care of the kids and so far is very patient and loving with them. It is a huge relief because my biggest worry before hosting a new student is always how they will manage having so many small kids running around all the time. My kids will be themselves no matter what but it makes it much easier when the new student is comfortable around them. :) Now we will see how she handles church on Sunday!!! hahaha Hopefully the girls will be excited to meet her and welcome her so she will want to keep coming with us every week. I don't worry so much for the "planting a seed" aspect (it's a natural side effect of when they feel the spirit) but more about how it helps her feel more a part of the family when she is involved in all the things we are doing together. I'm glad we live in a great ward that does this so well! I have to say I LOVE learning so many things about other countries!! It is so amazing how many things are so different and how many things are the same. I love hearing about all sorts of things. The weather and climate and animals. The government and laws. The every day way of life. The school systems. The medical care. Some can be so widely different and yet somehow most of the rules from parents around the world are the same! hahaha Same rules about chores and making the bed and no food in the bedroom and do your homework and get good grades. It's a universal, unspoken law of just wanting what's best for your children. No matter what. :) Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment