Wednesday, May 19, 2010

With Love

So I've been working on this blog for a few days. It's turned into more of an outlet for me more than anything. It's not fancy or poetic or even necessarily awesome. It's not funny or entertaining. It's more for me than any of you who'll read it. I was going to write it as a tribute to the Stacie boy that was murdered in our area not too long ago. Life has a way of sneaking up on you and so I now dedicate it to my dear friend instead.

I got a call from one of my bestest friends in the whole world. She was expecting a baby and about 8 weeks along. She ended up losing the baby. To respect her privacy I will exclude details. My heart goes out to my friend. She didn't have any pain. There were no symptoms of trouble. She figured it would be any other appointment and left grieving. I am sorry that she lost her baby. I am so sorry and I can't even relate because I've never been through it. My heart hurts for her. I cry for her. I've tried to help as much as a friend can. I've hugged, taken her kids, taken dinner to them, but I can't help fill the void for her. She will always miss that little baby. I am grateful that she will be ok. I am very willing to do anything and everything she needs to help her. The term I have chosen to help me and I am making a "craft" of some sort for her (I'm not the best at it but I'm going to try *suggestions are more than welcome from any of you who read this thing*) is "Forever Remembered - Forever Missed". I believe it's fitting. I love you, my friend. May God bless your family with comfort for now.

So my new goal in life is to be that Mom I should be. I should be more grateful for what I have been blessed with so abundantly. Share my talents and love with others more. Be the good example for my children to look up to. Be the rock of faith in their lives. I don't know if this make a lot of sense. It's kinda jumbled and unfinished it feels like. But it's good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. I know kind of how you feel. I haven't had to deal with a miscarriage [yet]. But, I did have a friend go through one last year. I was lost with how to help. How to be there for her in the right way. It is definitely one of those circumstances where you want to be a good friend, and you realize more than ever that you need to be a good mother, too. I hope your friend is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am always at a loss when things like this happen to my friends. when it happened to me i didn't really want to talk about it...nothing seemed to help really except time. i think the best thing is to be there for them- just like you are :)

    ReplyDelete