Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer Begins

Well school has ended and summer has begun. This year has been crazy and busy and seemed like it would never end, then suddenly we are finished. Daija is officially graduated from Kindergarten. I can't believe it. What am I going to do with myself once 1st grade starts and my big helper is gone ALL day??? LOL Guess Kyla will become my big helper...?

Daija had a wonderful K graduation! We brought Great-Gma Thalman with us. Gma and Gpa Barrett were there along with Spencer & Ashley, and Michelle! We got some great pics and enjoyed it very much. She's growing up so fast and getting so smart! :) Love you Daija! (pics soon to come!)

Daddy played in the first outdoor volleyball tournament in years last Saturday. He's regretting not putting on sunblock sooner. Very red and his feet are swollen and shoes are no fun. They didn't place in the tournament but they had lots of fun in the sun! (pics soon to come!) hehehe

Why is it that children don't understand "summer". Summer is for being lazy and having fun! NOT waking up early and then bugging mommy about what we're going to do today. Why do I have to entertain them 24/7? I know I'm complaining early.....it's only the first week out of school! I need to put together a schedule of some sort in order for us to have a decent routine. Or we're never going to get anything done, the kids will be whiny and bored, and then Mommy will spend too much money trying to keep them happy! Goal = find productive summer fun.

Found out I have health problems again. This time it's cysts on my ovaries. If I just wanted to take birth control the rest of my life I probably wouldn't have found any of it out. Ignorance is bliss. Dr. says the options are a laporoscopy. Or take birth control for a couple months and then check the ultrasound again. When you're trying to have babies birth control is a bad option. So I can suck it up and deal with the pain or have an expensive surgery. Hmmm? Nice. *sigh* It never ends.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Daija! Good luck with the summer plans. I don't know what we are going to do with two and half months together with no work but also no income and finally living close enough to visit everyone.... :) Didn't realize that you guys were looking at getting pregnant again. Good Luck! My sister has the same condition. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that PCOS that you have? I am so sorry! Congrats to Daija for graduating Kindergarten! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Daija! It's crazy that our kids will be in 1st grade next year. It was really hard for me to have Jayden gone all day but he was SO ready for it. He's a hard one to keep entertained! I have already heard the I'm bored too. We just need to get together once a week! lol...

    Sorry to hear about the cysts. I had them too but they went away on their own after a few months. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete