My three (soon to be four) kids are all beautiful. I know the 4th one will be because of the odds...

They are so alike and so completely different all at the same time. How is that even possible? How does God sit up in the heaven's and look down and go...you would fit well with this family. And this mommy is going to teach you everything you need to know, with a little help from this daddy. Because you need both. I can't even imagine the challenge of not having both...
So I have been given 4 kiddos to train to be good adults. Hmmm... what does that mean exactly? To be a good adult? All those Primary answers will work... Go to church, be honest, don't be mean to people, respect your elders (including me), take good care of your body, be a good example for your siblings and friends - you never know who's watching you to see what you do, and all that fun stuff.
Daija is sweet. She is caring, extremely too smart for her own good - the girl ReMeMbErS everything!, and motherly (almost too motherly - no you can not tell them what to do!) and sensitive. She is Mommy's biggest helper. All the while being sassy, sneaky and trying to grow up too fast much like her mother-y. And even though she sinks like a rock in swimming lessons, I love her more than words can say.
Kyla is super cute. She is crazy and brave and smarter than she lets you believe - because she lets you believe that she is very, VeRy BlonDE! She has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger. All she has to do is say "Please" with those big puppy dog eyes and he's gone. She is stubborn. You know that "I know exactly what I'm doing even if it's going to get me killed before I let you help me" kind of stubborn. My hope is to channel it for the better good....(I am willing to take good hints if you have any.)
Chase is hilarious. He lives to make his sisters laugh. -Can we say class clown here I come?- He's brave and fearless and physical in everything he does. From jumping down 4 steps (no mommy doesn't let him do that many!), doing somersaults, doing flips on the couches -he truly believes they are his jungle gym-, to begging Daddy for motorcycle rides for as long he can go and still throws a fit when he has to get off!, to having an addiction to running through sprinklers -so much so he will run down the street if he sees them on just to get wet! He has his sister's stubborness and every day tries to prove he "can do it" all by his big-boy self.
I'm sure the 4th one will be just as awesome. And while I know this post tends to glamorize motherhood. And I must say makes my kids seem like little angels... any mother knows that if you don't focus on the good then all hell breaks loose and you can get overwhelmed in the meantime. So pick your battles. Love them anyway. Appreciate the good times. And always remember they aren't yours. They are Heavenly Father's. And He expects you to take good care of them. Which means you can always turn to Him for help. And He's always going to know the good hints to give you. :)



What a beautiful post. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree, what a beautiful post! By the way, I love the new pictures! So cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post! I wish I could get to know my nieces and nephew better!!! (And Benji and Chase would seriously be best buds! It seems they have everything in common!!)
ReplyDeleteLiked your post! Totally agree with the last paragraph! Cute picture too :)
ReplyDelete