Totally stealing this post idea from my cousin - who stole it from her SIL. I don't write as well as she does but I think I can get the basic idea down. She wrote about appriciating yourself and realizing that you are great to be you and you don't have to be "superwoman-mom" like everyone else seems to be. My cousin is going to be running a half marathon in November. I know it sure seems to be the trend right now. She has a background of running - but this post is about me. I have started to run. Not out of trend. Out of not having any other way to get exercise that is "cheap". Now - if you ask the hubs he would say running isn't cheap. My shoes were $130. I know that's no cheap pair of shoes, but if I had a gym membership (that I would rarely use) it would be a whole lot more than that. Plus, I hate running. I dread going. I dread it while I'm doing it. It's everything in me to keep going for as far as the goal is. Which I have to set pretty high (haha...like 3 miles is the tops for me!) because once I set the goal I can NOT go past it. Something in my brain screeches on the brakes as soon as I hit that lamp post up ahead. :)
Anyway....not a post about running either...I just don't do it for a trend. Unless the trend is to be skinny. Then that is the goal! And that is pretty much the only reason for me doing it. Well and I can tell a HUGE difference in my mental clarity. Even though I hate doing it, I feel happier about myself when I'm done.
Point is: I am an awesome person to be. I can't compare myself or my children to anyone else. Because we all live under different circumstances. Which makes us all different. And thank heaven for it or this life and world would be oh so boring!
I need to remind myself of this very fact more often. To prove it to myself I will remind myself of all the things I am good at. And I think it's safe to say looking at your weaknesses is healthy to help you make goals of becoming even more awesome.
Things I am pretty darn good at:
playing the piano
teaching myself how to play the piano
I like to think I am good at teaching others how to play the piano
singing - and I LOVE to sing!
baking
coordinating events - Ex: weddings/parties/get togethers
reading
multi-tasking
being happy - there really is no point in being a downer. it's just lame.
being optimistic
feeling the spirit
talking to my kids
a good mom
copying other people's crafts
painting (like house walls - not fancy stuff...)
decorating (especially when I have help from my talented friends!)
working hard
Things I could work on:
cooking balanced and yummy meals - I am working on this one much more frequently :)
playing with my kids
patience - in almost every aspect of my life. I definately live in an instant gratification world.
laundry - is the bane of my existence
going to the temple - goal is to go once a month which is awesome!
having FHE
scrapbooking
not drinking soda - totally addicted to Dr Pepper
I'm sure the list could go on in both categories. Hopefully this gets you thinking about what you are good at. We all wonderful abilities and talents and hobbies. I'm glad I do. And I'm grateful my cousin shared this with me so I could be reminded of how I am. Cause I am awesome. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You ARE DEFINITELY awesome :).
ReplyDelete