Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

Short stories.
* On Monday we had to go to the doctor's office. We picked up Kyla after her time at Kindergarten and so we had the three youngest with us. My kids are generally very well behaved. And I'm not just saying that. Many people tell me so. So in the waiting room they play with the available toys or sit by us and talk. Chase was over in the toy section (it's a cool doc waiting area) and Kyla had wandered over to sit with us. As she sat there a lady was called back to the doctor office. She was a very large lady. I noticed Kyla notice the large lady immediately. The dreaded question looming in the air, she didn't wait to ask until the lady was back in the office area, she had to ask just as the lady walked by, "Why is that lady so FAT???" O My Gosh...I tried to sink into my chair and ignore this unknown, little girl sitting next to me...! Until the lady was long gone. I told her saying things like that when they can hear you could hurt their feelings so we need to make sure people can't hear us when we ask things like that. LOL Well, amazingly enough...my message got through. Because while it was our turn in the doc office the lady walked past our door and I saw Kyla look at her. Look at me. And not say anything. I said, "Good job Kyla." And she just smiled.

* Same doctor visit - I kid you not. Chase takes his turn. We were done with the appointment and were headed to the elevators to head down. Chase always likes to rush into the elevator no matter how many times I remind him that we need to wait for others to exit until we go in. DING Elevator arrives. I gently remind Chase - to no avail. He is happily skip/running to the door as it's opening. And FREEZES. An older woman and man walk out of the elevator. The man is wearing an eye-patch (can you see where this is going...?) Chase, frozen in his attempt to enter, automatically sings out....."A Pirraaate!" as loud as he could - in a singing voice and everything. Watches the man walk away and leaps into the elevator. I had to hold my breath until the elevator doors were closed and laughed so hard I almost cried. It still makes me giggle just thinking about it!

Kids say the darnedest things!!! LOL

1 comment:

  1. The "pirate" store really cracks me up! Kids are soooo funny! I have a similar story about "big" people. One of our home teachers is a very overweight man. They came over a couple months ago. Benji walked right up, stood in front on him, and (looking at his overhanging belly) said, "Biiiiig!" I seriously did not know how to respond! I just fumbled around with telling him that isn't nice, while stifling giggles. Luckily, our home teacher took it really well, and agreed that he is indeed big! lol

    ReplyDelete