Friday, December 9, 2011

Daija's Baptism

Daija can't do anything in her life without a little drama. Why would her baptism be any different?
Somehow there was a miscommunication about the jumpsuits. I assumed someone would get "them" to me. I also assumed there would be one for Daija and one for Chad. Take notes: never assume anything. So on my end I assumed they (the primary presidency) would get me the jumpsuits and somewhere on their end they thought someone had actually got me the jumpsuit. (notice there's no "s")
We arrived at the church at 11:00 to be there a little early to greet our family and friends. We were the only ones there. I began wondering if I should have checked in with someone about the jumpsuits. There was water in the font so I knew we were there on the right day. hahaha...
Family started to arrive. Finally the primary pianist showed up. I asked her where the jumpsuits were. She looked at me surprised like I should have them already. Nope. So she frantically called the other member of the presidency that was on her way. She picked up Daija's jumpsuit and brought it to the church house. The bishop showed up. Thought he needed to go get the jumpsuit. Left and came back. Realized that Chad didn't have clothes to do the baptism yet. Chad left, grabbed his temple pants and a white shirt and came back. It was a small miracle he could fit into them because we usually rent pants for him at the temple because the ones he owns are from when we got married! hahaha!!!
 I changed Daija into her jumpsuit. She was not happy about it. In fact I had to do some serious sweet talking her into even going out to the program in it. She hated taking off her beautiful dress and she didn't want anybody else to see her in it. (She's not like her mommy at all....)
Obviously, from the pictures, we eventually got everybody in the right clothing and ready to start - by 12:00. It was supposed to start at 11:30. LOL A huge thanks to all our family and friends and their patience with us!

 4 Generations Thalman :)
These family pictures are hilarious! We had no idea which camera to look at, there were at least 4 to choose from... hahaha Toby was taking the one with our camera for the Thalman picture. Dumb, he should have been in it... o well. In absolutely NONE of them is everyone looking at a camera much less the same one. So naturally I took the ones where I looked the best. LOL!!! Take your time and look at all of the people. There are some awesome faces! 
Daija received some special gifts for her baptism. She got her white dress and shoes from her Barrett Grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa Thalman gave her a very cute scripture case/purse. We got her a Quad with her name on it and a necklace. Not just any necklace. It's a beautiful birthstone only to be worn on special occasions that she can keep nice for her whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment