Friday, December 9, 2011

Daija is 8!

Daija - my little angel - is 8 years old. I can still remember when she was born. She was so tiny. Now she's grown up to be a beautiful young lady. She's beginning to talk more grown up. She's dressing more like a young lady. She's behaving like a preteen. I just can't believe how old she seems. I constantly have to remind myself she is still "only" 8 and that it's not like she's 12 or something and going into young women's. She does start Achievement Days though and is so excited!
 Daija had a wonderful birthday party. It was pretty easy to make her cake. It's what she asked for so I didn't mind having something easy and it turned out cute.
First, we played "Spin the Nail polish". One friend spins the bottle of polish, then whoever it points to at the end gets to paint their nails that color. After we all spun and got colors we took turns painting each others fingernails. The girls got to take their color home with them at the end of the party too.
 I think the girls really had fun. :)
 My cute kiddos...They are so silly.
 Daija got some pretty awesome gifts from her friends. Don't know why this one is sideways... but it's a very cute picture of her friends smiling and opening gifts.
 We ended the party having cake and ice cream. It was really yummy! :) Daija is blessed to have many great friends. The last picture is her dressed up in all her birthday stuff. The dress is from us. The hair thing from a friend. The purse from another friend. New earrings, new necklace, a little art journal. She was pretty spoiled and had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment