Monday, January 23, 2012

Why I love to host...

I know many of you are probably sick of hearing about foreign exchange students from me but this is my blog and for journaling purposes - I'm talking about it again! :)
I LOVE hosting a foreign exchange student. Call me crazy but we have learned so much from Toby this year. I have learned a TON from other students who I've met by being involved with CIEE (the organization I like that places students with families). Call me selfish too, but Toby is such a big help around here it's nice to basically have an extra set of hands to help me take things to the car, carry in the groceries, grab a baby from crawling down the stairs, carrying the baby in his seat into the store, and give me cooking ideas. (Schnitzel is one of my favorite meals now!) I used to be slightly afraid of the teenage years. Since dealing with some of these teens I am so excited to see my children grow into incredible young adults. It gives me clear goals of how I do (and don't) want my children to be and my goals for raising them. I've had so many benefits I cannot even name them all.
Currently I'm looking for families willing to open their hearts and homes and enjoy this experience as much as I do! I've been able to look at so many different profiles of these kids. They are adorable! They come from everywhere: Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Brazil, South Korea, Italy, Australia, China, India, Czech Republic, Russia....you get the idea!
I just can't express how enriched our lives are from doing this and how much your family could gain by inviting a little piece of the world into your home for next school year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment