So I don't have much to talk about but much on my mind....so I hope no one cares if I jot down a few thoughts.... (it's my blog so I'm going to do it anyway :) )
When did life become so hectic? Stay at home mom's are WAY under rated/under appreciated. I don't mean this as a dis to husbands...I mean in general. I get up every day at 8am (give or take some days, and I know that's not terribly early....) feed my "starving" children, clean up the mess from feeding my "starving" children, do the dishes, wipe down table and counters, sweep the floor, try to talk my three kids into getting dressed, make sure the cats have food, finally force my three children to get dressed, brush their teeth, do their hair while they whine about me doing it (at least having one boy makes this a little easier), on some days I even fit in a shower right about now, help Daija with her homework (yes homework in Kindergarten). At 11am I have to start feeding them lunch so Daija can be ready to leave for school by noon. You would think that an hour would be plenty of time to eat a simple lunch....apparently not. Thankfully I have a WONderFUL friend who has started taking her several times a week to school for me!!! Otherwise it's drive the 15 minutes to school then drive back. If it's a day that we don't have errands to run I come home and lay Chase down to sleep. I try to get Kyla to take a nap too....rarely works out that way. Get on the computer, check email, check if there's something I need to do for Daija's school, (if I'm lucky) check up on blogs, check my lia sophia business and see if there's anything I need to do for that, and do any other "research" type stuff on the internet, etc. Sometimes I try to teach Kyla her ABC's, who is adamant that she already knows them, so I only sorta try.... straighten up the house, pick up clutter, get ready to go get Daija from school. Get Chase up from his nap, get Kyla in the van, drive 15 minutes to the school just to wait in a line for an hour to get Daija and drive home. I will admit that I have tried to read books during this time, only it doesn't work so well when you have a 2 year old who's not so happy to be stuck in a carseat for that long. Then we get home, go over Daija's day, get snacks, start thinking about dinner, maybe teach a piano lesson (twice a week), cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner, do dishes, bathe kids (not every day...can't do it), pj's, teeth, stories, prayer, bedtime. I love bedtime. :) Fit in a calling. Fit in volunteering. Fit in errands (groceries, etc.). Fit in lia sophia parties. Not including anything Chad's up to.
Not that that's not enough... now I am going to take a cake decorating class on Saturday mornings for the month of March. Then in April I'm going to be on a volleyball league. I will admit I am quite excited about both of my activities that are just for "me"! It's "me" time. Hopefully it brings some relaxing-ness to my life and not just add more stress. I wonder why I feel the need to add more on but I wonder if I don't get some "me-time" if I'll last much longer as a good mom. What a predicament.
And that's what's going on inside the brain of Pam. Hope you enjoyed your sneak peek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I definitely think that being a stay at home mom is a difficult job. I will admit that there are days I look forward to work because it means that I get "me" time. You are a great mom and i think it is wonderful that you are making time for yourself.
ReplyDelete