Monday, July 5, 2010

4th...I mean 3rd... of JULY

4th of July (well the 3rd)

We had a very nice day! First, we went to the West Point parade. It was short and didn't seem nearly as entertaining as usual. We ran some errands and ran all over town looking for these "special" fireworks. (basically fire crackers with a BIG boom at the end) Chad couldn't find them. We headed over to the West Point Days and had some awesome pulled pork sandwiches. I didn't bring the camera, so these are from the parade. The kids got to touch a big boa constrictor (or python...?) It was so fun to see how excited Chase got around the snakes. He's such a boy! :)
The parade was somewhat lame, so the pics are of us. :) And a good one I got of the little ponies.
Raeanne was up for the long weekend. It is always SOOO nice when she comes to visit!
Later we had the family over (Kelly & kids, Aaron, Spencer & family, Raeanne) and did a cookout on the firepit. Just the norm...hotdogs. I do get sick of them since we have them almost every weekend lately...but we have changed it up a bit and added some sausage which has been yummy! After dinner was over and everyone had a smore and Spencer's science project failed on many different levels... ( ;) Spenc we will try again later and see if we can get it right...we tried to soak some wood and make it burn purple and green...I think he figured out the problem and we will try again on the 24th.) The boys got out the golf clubs and tried to chip big marshmallows into a standing bucket. It was pretty funny! They got pretty dang close but no cegar. Not ONE of them got their mallow into the bucket. LOL After the "golf" they played 200. We women folk sat around and chit chatted. :) Then when it got nice and dark we did our little fireworks. Chase was scared to death so I went inside and we watched from the front window. They weren't all that spectacular. :) But then Kelly remembered that we had some illegals (well Michelle had bought some a couple years ago....>) And so he went home and grabbed them. We did about 6 and they were awesome! A very fitting ending to a nice 4th of July!!!









2 comments:

  1. "had some illegals" lol. Benji hated the fireworks last year. He stayed under a blanket and nursed the whole time. But this year he actually loved them! I was quite relieved, because I was too stressed out to have him be scared!

    ReplyDelete