Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18, 2002

Today is my anniversary! :)
I know I did a huge post on this already with our trip to the temple and all. But I felt like it would be wrong to just not acknowledge today ...on today.

I can't believe it's been 8 years. It's weird to me to think back and see how young and naive we were when we got married. At least we made some good decisions along the way. :) It's hard to believe we have 3 1/2 kids already. We are so excited to have our next little baby. (o ya... i have an announcement concerning that too...but we'll save it for a different post)

I've debated on how long to make this post. Do I want to look back on the last 8 years? Or keep it short and sweet? Let's do a little of both.

We got married on a beautiful fall day. This year the colors haven't changed and fallen quite yet. But on our day they were gorgeous and fallen on the ground which made for beautiful pictures. It was warm enough not to need a jacket. Seriously couldn't have been a better day! Besides forgetting my white shoes in the car everything went really well. I don't remember anything going wrong. We were on time for everything. Our reception went off without a hitch and we had many people show up to wish us well.

Our honeymoon was quite delightful. (Besides the obvious activities...) We had a great time. We rented this amazing house out in the middle of NO WHERE. We took a helicopter ride through Bryce Canyon. It was breath taking and the tops had snow covered peaks. We enjoyed a fun hike up The Narrows, in Zions. It was such a beautiful time of year to go. Not busy with tourists, not too hot, barely cold, and this cute, little, old, Chinese guy took our picture for us.

Life has certainly caught up to us. We've moved several times. We're having our 4th child. The most important thing I can say though, is we made it through our 7 years and on to 8! I will admit this last year has been difficult at times. Thankfully I can say, though, I feel closer to Chad now than ever before. He is truly my best friend. He knows me. I know him. We get each other and understand what each of us needs and wants. We work together to make life better for our little family. I can't wait to enjoy the next 8 years and 8 years more after that and 8 more after that. :)

1 comment: