I decided that instead of just whining about all the bad things that go along with being pregnant I would actually journal just a little about how I'm feeling and how things are going. Because, quite frankly, they are going good...just not as smoothly as I would like. :)
Obviously from my other posts this pregnancy has been particularly trying. It's been a rough one, but I couldn't ask for a better outcome. Which is, so far, a perfectly healthy baby. Been rough on Mommy, but baby seems to be doing very well. And on that note - better than my other babies, which by now I would have had a couple of over-nighters in the hospital trying NOT to have them. So in that sense, this baby is hanging in there even better than the others. (which I will admit has me worried as far as WHEN he will make his debut...)
The last couple of weeks I have had this intense need to clean. I know all about nesting, but this feels different somehow. I mean deep down, intense, nitty-gritty, spring type cleaning. Like scrubbing baseboards, wiping down bathrooms (every day), vacuuming every time Chase spills cereal (every day), reorganizing closets, reorganizing bedrooms (we got the girls new bunk beds to give them more room. We got rid of Chase's dresser and put two 3 drawer plastic storage bin things in the closet to give him and the baby more room. We got rid of the toddler bed and put Chase in a big boy (twin) bed and put up the crib. etc...), I stay on top of the dishes and wiping down the kitchen, I even have kept up on the laundry! (GASP) Seriously, a daily need of trying to keep everything as clean as possible. Which I admit is weird. I keep a generally, very-clean-for-having-3-kids, kind of house anyway; so I'm not quite sure why I have this extreme feeling of needing it to be better than is usually is. Is it because it's not as clean as it should be all the time? Is it because my mother will be here Saturday and I really don't want her to spend her time cleaning, but playing with her grandkids while she's here. (I really do think it's a lot to do with that one...) I'm sure it's nesting, but this is some serious nesting. My husband is NOT complaining. LOL
I am currently at 2 centimeters and 50% effaced. Now- that doesn't mean that I'm going into labor tomorrow, but that it's getting closer. I really wish it was a tell-all sign of "when" but unfortunately is not the case. I keep having this reoccurring "nightmare", if you will, that my water is going to break in a very public place in a very embarrassing manner (literally wore a pad to Walmart last week - no need for that) and before my mom gets here. This would NOT be cool! And then on the flip-side, I'm also nervous that this baby is so content in there that my mom will show up on Saturday evening and he will take another week (half her trip) before deciding he's done. Either way is unacceptable. Remember last post? Go into labor on the way to airport to pick her up and she can drop me off at the hospital on the way home. *visualize with me!* LOL
That's about that for now. I suppose I will post again before this baby comes. If there's anything to post (o wait...pics to come of sledding).



I hope you do go into labor right when Leilani gets there! I'm so excited for the baby! Can't wait! (I can't believe you are nesting so badly...er...strongly? Isn't that exhausting?)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! I'm sure the baby will come as soon as your mom gets here. :) Keep us updated.
ReplyDelete