You know what? Sometimes people should really just mind their own business.
"If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all."
Didn't your mother ever tell you that?
Mine did. So from now on I'm going to listen to my mother -and be nice.
The world these days is full of amazing technology. I can keep updated and my friends - all 100+ of them - can keep updated about me every single day. I can carry on several conversations, with several people -some that I may not even "know", in several different states all at the same time -WithOUT EVER opening my mouth. Which begs the question is it real? Is it healthy? Healthy for me to feel so tied to my computer and it's power to keep me "connected" with people that I rarely actually interACT with actual people. As a mother of young children, whom I love more than life itself, I sometimes will go several days without actually hearing from anybody. Without talking on the phone, without having anyone older than 7 drop by to talk to me (except for that guy taking the survey about whether I have a retirement set up - let's not go there...), without me going and visiting someone else, and so yes, my connection seems very important to me. I can't even imagine trying to stop blogging, or getting off of facebook -several times a day...
So FYI if it seems like I may share TMI and for some odd reason that bothers you...maybe you should just MYOB. Just saying...



Yeah....I pretty much hate FB right now. I know I disagree with a lot of my friends on a lot of things. And I'm ok with that. I am still friends with those people. But when it actually comes up and gets talked about, it really irks me! And I almost feel like maybe I'm less friends with those people than I thought I was. (Of course, it's probably all my fault for sharing my opinions, and asking about the opinions of others, and having a more argumentative personality.) Oh, and I share TMI a lot, too, I guess. My own grandmother said that Gideon's birth story on my blog was "X-rated"!!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog and the fact that I can communicate with you on here and on facebook! Since I don't get to see you all that often it's nice to know how you are doing. Please keep sharing what you feel you want to and don't let other people bother you. I should be telling myself that too (had kind of had a rough night). Anyways, keep the posts coming!
ReplyDeleteAmen.. I blog for me and for my own keepin and so someday i can print it into a book, so it BUGS when someones says why did she blog or write that.
ReplyDeleteHun, you can say whatever you feel like on your own blog and and FB page! If people don't like it, they don't have to look you up and read it! Your're so cute and funny, I love reading your blog and can relate! Don't let people people get to you :).
ReplyDelete