Saturday, April 23, 2011
TMNT
In an attempt to expose my 2 year old son to more boy-like characters we rented TMNT. The new animated one. We own the 80's movie (ClASsiC!) but we figured he might like the cartoon version better. I don't want to make him grow up too fast or "make him more manly". But in all fairness he deserves boy stuff like the girls have their girl stuff. I'm a little tired of hearing my son argue over which Barbie he "is" when they watch movies together. (always the purple one...) I know it's cute and innocent. But fairness... So we watched TMNT together the first time. Chase doesn't like movies with "bad guys" in them. He's scared of "the Beast", Ursula, the big ugly dragon on How to Train Your Dragon... he'll watch them occationally but uses being "scared" as an excuse not to. Barbie movies don't have too scary of bad guys so he picks those. I thought for sure he would hate Turtles cause it's all about fighting bad guys. To my surprise, and delight, all I listened to yesterday was, "I'm the purple turtle!" "Hi-ya! hi-ya!" "You hit me!" "You hit me first!" "I didn't hit you that hard!" "Hi-ya!" It worked like a charm!! They watched it 5 (yes 5) times! Frankly I find the new one lame. but they love it. For Chase's birthday next week we are going to get the seasons. "I love being a Turtllllllleeee!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment