Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Calming Down...

So after my last post I suppose I should at least let everyone know that I'm doing much better now. I don't know what was wrong with me but I really struggled for a couple of days there...
I'm feeling more organized now. The basement is FINISHED! And when I say finished I mean - well - there's only some pink touch up paint left to do...BUT the big stuff is all done! yay! Some decorating to do too but let's be honest...when is one ever really done decorating??? I bought some adorable valances to put in the window and the color is way off so I will have to go pick something else from Hobby Lobby and make my own I think.
The boys actually have a dresser now - I just have to paint it before they can have it... and I still have to hang up their decor from moving them from Toby's room too.
Toby's room is boring. But I have exactly $0 to do anything with it. He's hung a hat and some Hawaii leis on the wall from Spirit week... better than nothing...? He says he likes to hang posters. My problem is I have no idea what kind of posters to get. As long as they aren't naked girls I don't care.
Speaking of Toby. He is sick of football. Can't blame the kid. He's never played before and the workouts are extremely hard. What to do... Can't let him quit. We don't quit here in the USA. So I guess the next best thing is hope they lose their last couple of games so they are done and don't have to do a bunch of playoff games. (!) I know that's awful. He did say practice wasn't too hard today and he had a good day at school so hopefully he's doing ok. It's weird having a teenager. They don't talk much unless they have to. I've decided this is a teenage thing and not just a foreigner thing. He'll talk about some things, but when it comes to feelings and emotions the vocab gets short. hahaha. O and then I have to add in there that he's male. Go figure. I'm getting some hard core training for when my kids are older. LOL Toby is seriously one of the best kids ever. We really love having him here. I hope he likes it in our home. Every time I make a "joke" about him "loving it here" or "whatever, Toby loves us..." and kinda expect a return of some sort of agreement I get nothing. Hm. I think that's the boy thing again. Or he's really good at being nice. I'll let you know as we go. :)
I'm feeling like my schedule is starting to flow again which is comforting. I have a pretty calm Monday and Tuesday. Then Wed - Fri I have 7 piano students now. It's kinda nice to be getting some cash flow. Until this week, I haven't had a month yet where they all pay at the beginning of the month. All of which will be going to Christmas. Lucky us, because it's going to be a small Christmas, but without the piano $ it was going to be ReAlLy small. So that's nice. :)
We are getting ready for Halloween and I am soooo excited! I LOVE Halloween. It is definitely my favorite. I only wish I could decorate and do it up the way I wish I could. LOVE IT... Chase is going to be a red power ranger. Kyla wants to be a vampire kitty (don't ask, cause I don't know where she came up with that one) and I think Daija is going to repeat the zombie-ish theme this year, just haven't narrowed it down to a "title" yet. haha. Haven't looked for Collin yet. If any of you out there have any spare costumes or pieces of costumes you would like to lend me for any of my kids this year I would really appreciate it. I have Chase's but only his. Me and Chad are going to dress up too. Probably just crazy make up and black clothes. Toby even said he wants to dress up with us. Did I mention I LoVe Halloween??? YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment