Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Journal Post...

For journal purposes (if I ever print all these off...which I should) I'm going to update about my life. So sorry if it's boring. Unorganized. And probably full of bad grammar. I just need to get my thoughts out while they're fresh or my prego brain will totally forget!

First the good news. Chase is doing absolutely AMAZING potty training! It was a little rough at first and I was unsure if my patience was going to outlast his stubbornness, but then a miracle happened.
M&M's.
That's right. If Chase goes pee in the potty he gets a couple M&M's. They are his favorite treat. The one he wants no matter how many he's had already. He's becoming quite the pro at going pee even just a little bit to get more M&M's! What a way to work the system....but I don't care! Even during nap time and for the most part at night he wakes up dry and hurries to go potty as soon as he wakes up.
Now poop is a totally different story. He has been a lot like Kyla. They both struggle with constipation. As soon as Kyla potty trained she finally didn't need suppositories to help get it out. I was hoping this would be the case with Chase as well. Well...it has taken a LOT of convincing that it doesn't hurt nearly as bad on the potty as it does when you're confined by a diaper. He still tries to hide in the corner and push even in his pull-up.
UNTIL TODAY---
Today I finally got sick of cleaning up poop from pull-ups he had taken off and got all over his legs. Luckily no real mess like in the carpet or anything but I laid down the law. I took all his clothes off and told him he wasn't allowed to be dressed anymore unless he learned to poop in the potty. No more diaper/pull-up/or even clothes! He whined about being cold and I told him Tough! I'm such a mean mom....lol....but guess what?!?! IT WORKED! He was in the bathroom just a little later and went poop! You have no idea how monumental this actually is. Of course I threw a HUGE deal out of it and gave him like 10 M&M's. He was extremely pleased with himself. I even put a pull-up back on him. Which he then tried to poop in... (wah wah wah...) So I stripped all clothes back off and made him eat lunch. All of a sudden he got down from eating and went to the bathroom. I could hear him trying to push, didn't last long, and he came down with a huge grin saying he wanted more M&M's. I didn't know whether to believe him or not. So I went up to find the BIGGEST turd I have ever Seen him poop out all by himself!!!! He has been perfect potty boy all day since and I hesitate to say I have a fully potty trained little boy!!! I can't believe we did it. There was seriously a time not too long ago I didn't believe it was possible. :)

On to not so pleasant topics...(yes. poop is a good topic for me...lol)

Apparently I have a heart murmur. Most pregnant women get them from all the extra work the body goes through to make a baby. I never knew that. I have never had the problem before so it was kind of a shock when I went in Monday thinking I had low blood pressure cause I can't breathe at all! Dr. Johnson said my heart is working around 140% which is high even for a prego lady. So he ordered a bunch of tests including an EKG, chest x-ray, and blood work to check if I'm anemic. So I went in Tuesday morning first thing to take the diabetes test and all of the above. I didn't sleep at all the night before. In fact I thought I was going to end up in the ER because I couldn't get any air. No matter how deeply I inhaled I just didn't feel like I was getting any air. So I tried deep slow breathes to not hyperventilate and it was more work to just breath deep and still didn't work. Luckily I have the best husband ever, who is a worthy priesthood holder and he was able to give me a blessing and get me through the night. No ER.
After I took all the tests Tues morning I was told to take the sheet of paper saying what they had done up to see my Doc. Ok. Go up there. He's not in. He won't be in until this Friday. Possibly this Monday! Nice. So to ask someone what to do if I had another episode like "last night" I saw a different OB. Long story short...He told me since he wasn't there with me he couldn't tell me what was going on. And "What do you want me to do?". No lie. It's in quotes for a reason. Well...If I was the doc then maybe I wouldn't need your advice! Think? I was in shock. Overly tired. And starving (from the diabetes test). He made me feel like I was lying to him. He told me more than once since my 02 sats were fine (96) that there was nothing wrong with me. What a good guy hu??? Needless to say, I left crying and after I ate something and felt better, I called and filed a complaint with Tanner Clinic. We'll see how that goes. I'm not paying for it, let's put it that way... SO - I guess the only thing to do now is to take it easy (sooo boring...) and try to stay out of the ER until my doc can finally tell me my test results and what to do to feel better.
I will put a little note. I have the best husband, best friend, in the whole world. He's been so supportive and caring and worried in his own way and trying not to show it. He takes very good care of me and the kids. It's been easy to take it easy, but he's been home so far. He goes back to work tomorrow. Hopefully I can handle it. :) I also have my super duty ultrasound to measure Collin and see how he's progressing. I can't wait to see him. :) It's been 12 weeks since my last ultrasound so I'm excited!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry about that idiot doctor. I hope that the test results let you know what is going on and how to fix it. It was fun to see you guys and I hope that you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete