Thursday, December 9, 2010

Trail of Trials

Try that title out for a tongue twister. haha
Ok seriously though...
For the past 3 months (no exageration needed) our family has been riddled with illness. It goes so far back I can't really remember who got sick first. It was just a little cough (Chad I think) that turned into a flu. I got what I thought was food poisoning. (Still not sure if it was that or the flu.) It made me go to the hospital for two bags of IV cause I got way dehydrated, way fast. Each of the kids took their turns puking their brains out. And then the only one left still coughing was Chad. The poor guy, it has never left him this whole time. Just as soon as we think it's getting better, it comes back! Then I caught (this time I know it was..) the flu. Almost put me in the ER but under Chad's ICU skills I got better fairly quickly and we didn't have to make that trip. The kids have had colds. Yucky, nasty runny nose colds. Then, Chad finally decided to go see a doctor about his cough. They gave him antibiotics and some cough medicine. He's not getting any better. A few days after he started his antibiotics I got a tickle in my throat. (Sunday) By that evening I was coughing pretty hard and all night it racked my entire body so much that my back was cramping and my poor prego tummy ligaments were pulling. My ribs (lungs) hurt so bad I thought for sure they were going to collapse. One of the worst pains I've ever experienced, EVER. I go into the doctor on Tuesday morning. It's bronchitis. I get antibiotics. Chad's still getting worse as of today (Thursday) and now Kyla and Chase have fevers and coughs and are going to the doctor this morning. Hopefully they are easy to fix and Chad can pick up some new antibiotics that will work this time.
I wish I had a happy ending to my story. Maybe next week I'll be able to follow up with the happy ending. I'm frustrated with this season of sickness. I've tried everything to disinfect our house!! Even in our sickly state Chad wants to just pack up and go somewhere warm and get out of this yucky air and away from all the illness that seems to be haunting us.

2 comments:

  1. How sad! I hope you guys feel better soon! I really hope to be able to see you guys this Chrismtas season! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope everyone gets healthy quickly! It's no fun having the sickies all over the house!

    ReplyDelete