Saturday, December 18, 2010

sledding, sleeping, and potty training...

Guess we will start with sleeping....(pics aren't loading or moving like I want them...)
The other night, after watching TV and the kids were in bed, Chad and I came upstairs to go to bed. Chad said he thought he heard Kyla sneek downstairs and could hear her snoring. We couldn't see her anywhere on the floor in the living room or kitchen. I asked if Chad had seen Jasmine, our cat, cause she usually would sit on my lap while we watch TV and I hadn't seen her all night. One of Jasmine's fav spots to sleep is under this table. Innocent enough...
When Chad lifted up the table cloth to see if Jasmine was underneath this is what we found!
LOL It's a good thing we looked!!! I laughed so hard, and couldn't pass up the chance to take pics. Her face was half covered by the cloth on the other side but we couldn't see her AT ALL until we looked under the table. And found Jasmine too. LOL

Ok, on to sledding...




Back at the first snow storm, Chad went outside to shovel the driveway. Me and the kids all crowded onto the couch to watch him out the window. One of Daddy's favorite things to do is clear a small running path down the driveway and then slide as far as he can. The snow was quite icey and it made for a very slippery driveway that night! After watching Chad for a while and laughing as he threw snowballs at the window, I couldn't help myself and we all got bundled up and went outside to play in the snow. It was past bedtime, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to play! The driveway was so slick that the kids could sled down it, even with no snow! Pics...ok. So the last time I tried to post pics it was acting screwy too...So they are at the top. Stupid but I don't know how to fix it!!!
Without trying to do any more pics - I am attempting potty training with Chase today. I know I've said this before but we have NOT had success yet. I am refusing to buy any more diapers. We ran out yesterday. I bought some pull ups with the cool alert. I don't know what it is but he REFUSES to potty train. I read somewhere online that it's not a matter of when they are ready (he is ready - smart wise anyway) but a matter of when the parents stop being whimps and just do it. So that's the goal. Please pray we can master this. It seems like an awfully large hurdle. Any tips are MORE than welcome!!!





2 comments:

  1. Kyla is so funny!

    I wish the potty training fairy would come and work her magic in our household. I am SO sick of changing 2 year old poopy diapers. Good luck with Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had advice but we are still struggling with Emily regressing. I'm dreading toilet training with Collin. :)

    ReplyDelete