I have always loved St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish (not that I know of), but now I can do it up and live like an Irish momma through my kids! :) Chad is at least 1/8 Irish (probably more just haven't figured out all the lineage yet) and so the kids still have more than a 1/16 which still counts. Look at Daija's hair and try to tell me there ain't none in there! LOL I remember growing up my mom always made green pancakes for breakfast. And even though Chad's side is on the orange team - I'm going to keep the tradition alive and make green pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!
Someday Chad and I hope to visit Ireland. It's so beautiful and rich with culture and tradition it would be a shame not to have it up high on the list of places to visit. So next is Italy, then Ireland. Maybe by the time we make it there the kids will be old enough to travel nicely and come with us. It would be way fun to show them a little of their heritage.
I hope to learn more about the Irish. Maybe give my kids some roots and give them a feeling of where they come from. I'm such a mutt mix that I can't really claim just one. (Cherokee, English, Swiss, German, Jewish, you name it....) So my kids are half mutt (LOL) and then Irish/whatever else they are. For some reason being Irish is cool. So that's the focus for now. :)
Other news (before I post Collin's birth story - no I haven't forgotten...):
Kyla is scheduled for surgery at the end of May. She is getting ear tubes put in, and having her adenoids & tonsils taken out. Hopefully it will help her sleep apnea go away and her speech and hearing improve. She has partial hearing loss right now caused by the fluid buildup in her ears. We could do the surgery a little sooner but I wanted to wait until after her soccer for the spring is over. I would hate for her to miss two whole weeks of the season cause of something that we can put off until then. Wish us luck. I haven't had to deal with surgery on my babies until now. I'm a little scared, but I know it's a pretty routine thing for kids. I'm trying to stay positive and strong in front of her so she doesn't get any more scared than she's going to be anyway. I hope they are extra nice and sensitive for her. *sigh* We'll see come May.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love the Irish in me, too. It's one of the top countries I want to visit (also followed by Italy!) I hope the surgery goes well for Kyla. That would be scary, even if it is a common surgery. Just because...hey, those doctors are going to be invading -your- baby!
ReplyDeleteYou can always make me smile with your commentaries! :) I hope all goes well for Kyla!
ReplyDelete