Friday, March 25, 2011

Weight Progress

Alright, now that Collin's birth story is done I can update on him now that he's 3 weeks old! ALREADY....
At his two week appointment Collin was perfect except he's way to skinny. He was 6.10 at birth and when we left the hospital he was 6.3. At his two week appt he was down to 6 lb 1 oz and so the battle began to bulk him up! I've been letting him go no more than three hours between feedings (except a couple of times through the night...) which is no small feat since I haven't been able to get him to latch on and eat until full so I'm pumping ahead then feeding him by bottle. So for the last week we've been dedicated to this schedule and when we went in to weigh him yesterday he was at 6 lbs 8 oz! :) YAY I'm very proud of us actually and it was all breast milk, no formula. Which means that my milk is good enough and instead of being forced to afford formula I can try to pump for as long as possible and decide when to switch him to formula. I know eventually we will, I can't keep this schedule of pumping all the time forever. I do try to nurse at least once a day, but the dang kid just won't eat to keep him full. He eats enough to fall asleep and then before an hour later he's awake and hungry again. I am very very glad he's gaining weight. I've noticed a little in his face. His cute little cheeks are plumping up. I can't wait to watch his little arms and legs start to plump too. :)
On the opposite side of weight gain... I have got down to my pre-baby weight already! It's the fastest I've ever done that after any of my babies so to do it after number 4 makes me feel pretty good. I'm wearing my normal size 6 pants and they are starting to fall off! I can't quite fit into my size 4's, but that's ok. My tummy is still quite jiggly but I'm not doing anything about that yet. To try to keep my milk supply good and fattening I'm eating well and not exercising yet. I will probably start a light yoga/Pilate's workout routine in a week. I have issues keeping enough milk supply though so I'm taking it easy for now. My body is healing faster this time than any other time as well which has helped tremendously! My only complaint is a little bit of depression (I blame the weather for the most part...) and being extremely tired. Tired is expected, but I mean "can't keep my eyes open" sometimes - that tired. I'm trying to take naps but I feel guilty leaving my other two kids still at home, unattended. So we're working on it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad he's gaining well! You have PCOS, don't you? That can affect a lot of things when it comes to pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding. (As I'm sure you are aware). And I'm happy you posted Collin's birth story! I love reading birth stories! Way to go! I really can't wait to meet little Collin! :D

    ReplyDelete