Monday, April 21, 2014

Bringing Home an Elder

In 2 days I get to go pick up my baby brother from the airport. He will get to stay with me for a few days until he goes back to BYU for school.
To say I'm excited would be an extreme understatement.
I haven't seen my brother in 2 1/2 years! Since I dropped him off at the MTC in December 2011. He got home in January this year but "home" is in Ohio with my parents. So I haven't been able to see him yet! I've been able to talk to him almost every day though. I love him!
We can sit on the phone and talk for hours. He is going to school to be in films. Directing. We talk about that a lot. Like a lot a lot. hahaha but that's ok. I also tell him about the joys of motherhood. I think it will help him be a little more sympathetic and appreciative he has his own wife and littles to look after.
He, my sister, Challis, and my parents are in Hawaii this week. They all took a "family" vacation together over my dad's birthday. To say I'm not jealous would be a lie. First because I was invited to go and the hotel would have been free. And second because ...well... it's Hawaii! I've never been there. My parents love it there. They went last year for the first time. My dad fell in love so they signed up for another stay for this year. I really wish I could be there. Also, I don't get to see my family very often. Saw my parents last September. For my surprise 30th birthday party. That was a wonderful surprise!
I have made it my initiative to get my family together by next year at the latest. I haven't seen my brother Scotty for like 5 1/2 years! He was here for Chase's blessing back in 2008... It is crazy and sad. That was the last time my entire family was together. We have grown substantially since then. I have 4 kids. Scotty has 3. Raeanne got married and has a baby. It's kind of crazy to think how much can happen in a short amount of time. I've seen Scotty's kids and his wife. He wasn't able to come out here the last time (for my birthday party) but that would have been awesome!

So BIG goal in life: Plan a family reunion. That makes me feel old. That's what happens when you have people spread out from North Carolina to California...
Any good ideas of somewhere in the middle of the country for a good reunion?

1 comment: