Wednesday, January 20, 2010
cocoa puffs
As usual we were barely on time to church this week. On time means sitting in the overflow because our new chapel is TINY. So we were a few rows back into the "gym". We were listening to the speakers when my son, Chase, looks up and spots the basketball hoop. He is a ball fanatic and immediately starts (not so quietly) screaming about the "Ball!" "Blah bleh ga da ba ball!!!!" We got a few stares and we tried to quiet him down. He kept getting all excited and turning to Chad and pointing at the hoop and yelling, "BALL!!!" It was cute. But not quiet. And I felt bad for everyone around us who were smiling but not able to listen to the talk. A little while later he was snacking on his cereal that we brought for him. Cocoa Puffs. They look like balls. Suddenly, without warning, he excitedly shows Daddy his "ball" and throws it at the basketball hoop! It landed three rows ahead of us. And while I couldn't help laughing, as he's trying to throw another one, and Chad's trying to get it away from him, and the people around us are becoming irreverent with their laughs and snickers, I told Chad that Chase couldn't have anymore cocoa puffs until we were no longer below the hoop. I will admit I found it quite hilarious, just wrong time, wrong place. :) My son. The basketball player.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hilarious! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteThat is soooo funny! Sundays are usually torture for us. But this past Sunday we only had to take Benji out once, and that was only 5 minutes before sacrament meeting was over! It was amazing!
ReplyDelete