Sunday, January 31, 2010

*BEEP*

So we were sitting around not doing much after church today when all of a sudden we hear *BEEP*!!!! That would be the sound of our house burglar alarm going off. Chase had found my keys in my purse, picked the right keychain, and the right button and set off the alarm. Now we've set off the alarm before, like if I come home from getting Daija from school and forget to turn it off from my keychain before the kids can run inside the door. But I quickly turn it off and everything is fine. No calls or anything. So shortly afterward when my phone rings, I was downstairs and didn't want to get up to answer it. It is Sunday. My day of rest. And if I feel like ignoring my phone whomever it might be I will. Luckily, Daija still has that "That means I can get it!" attitude and she promptly ran to answer it. Now I forget that the only way to set off the alarm is by pushing alarm button. This basically calls it in as me panicking and there being a BIG problem (i.e. burglar, rapist, fire, etc...) for me to push this button. Daija brought me the phone. It was the alarm company calling to verify that everything was all right. After answering several questions and assuring them that, yes, I was fine. The house is fine...etc... everything was fine. Can you imagine how much more interesting this blog would be if I didn't answer the phone....???????

2 comments:

  1. Yes that would have been way more interesting:) Jace is always pushing buttons on my key chain, no alarm though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since this made me laugh, I think I would be in hysterics if you hadn't answered the phone.

    ReplyDelete