I LOVE EaSTeR! I don't get into the decorating the house in eggs, or bunnies. We Easter baskets for the kids in the morning, but they are just filled with summer essentials - Easter happens to be a good excuse to get them. We try really hard not to buy too many treats to sugar them up. This year we didn't even color eggs until after Easter dinner...and I didn't want to. Grandma Barrett did them with the grandkids. They loved it and I'm glad I didn't have to do a dozen eggs and then find some way to eat them later. :) I know that sounds lame but I do love Easter. I love getting together with family and having dinner. I always make deviled eggs and it makes me feel good when they are gone before dinner is over. It's the most easy devil egg recipe and sometimes I wonder why everyone loves them so much. They are not fancy. Just very tasty!
I love sharing the true meaning of Easter with my children. After conference I realized that I don't really talk to my kids about Jesus. We go to church, sometimes we'll read scriptures, of course at Christmas we talk about his birthday...but I've never talked about Easter. Before bedtime we always read stories. Dinosaur stories, mermaid stories, icky bugs alphabet stories... you get the idea. I took the opportunity to tell them the story of Jesus and his crucifiction (the clean version for children) and about the resurrection and why we celebrate Easter. As much fun as it is to buy new dresses and suits, it's really about being able to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus again after our time in this life is over. You should have seen Kyla's eyes (she's my 4 year old)... she was hanging on every word I said. It felt good to share with them and educate them and they were so happy to talk about Jesus. They kept saying they miss Him and can't wait to see them again. Slightly morbid, but sweet...
I hope you all had an amazing Easter too! and took some time to reflect why it's the most important holiday, essential to our eternal salvation. We had a blast...the pictures are adorable!
I love my kids!



I LOVE Chase's suit! Your kids are adorable as usual!
ReplyDeleteCute kids! You sound like a great momma!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I miss you guys! I was just telling Scotty how I long for nieces and nephews that I can see and hug and love on! I love all the pictures you have put up recently!
ReplyDelete