Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fingers and Doors

Last night we were sitting around enjoying a lazy evening when I heard the girls arguing upstairs. I hollered up to them to knock it off. It got quiet for a little bit, then all of a sudden Kyla was screaming in pain. I ran upstairs to find her in pain, holding her hand up with obviously bent fingers. I assessed the situation quickly and realized Daija had been trying to keep Kyla out of THEIR room and had slammed Kyla's hand in the door. Daija quickly got a spanking, and I turned back to Kyla. Her fingers looked quite squished, and I was almost certain that her middle finger was broken on the first knuckle. It was so scary for me and I wasn't the one in pain. I took Kyla downstairs and grabbed a couple of ice packs. I put two together and put her hand in between. She didn't like the cold, but they didn't bruise at all! This morning she woke up and told me that her owie was all gone. It's amazing how resilient little kids are. And she's right, you can't even see where her fingers got smashed. Yesterday you could see the line across her hand where they were slammed between the door. I'm glad she is better. And I'm sooo glad we didn't have to go to the ER! BUT...I didn't cry myself. Which is a good thing. I'm sure it wouldn't have helped the situation much. And Daija did apologize later, and I could tell she felt really bad! Lesson learned.

1 comment: