Being on bed rest is soooo boring! I am so lonely. My ward (as explained in the last post) has more than been awesome with helping me. Every morning this week a different lady came and picked up Kyla and Chase and took them to their house for a couple hours. They have LOVED it! I do enjoy the quiet time. It's been nice to nap without the guilt of knowing my kids are just stuck in front of the TV doing nothing and being unsupervised. But by the end of the week the quiet was getting quite lonely. I know it's whiny. Even though I don't play constantly with them, I find comfort in listening to them run around and play with each other. Then twice a week we are brought dinner so Chad doesn't have to stress about that. It's more than we could ask for. We are very grateful!
Chad and I have worked out a system so the house is staying pretty clean actually. Almost better than when I'm not too tired to do anything. He unloads the dishes in the morning. As we use dishes during the day I put them in the dishwasher. Then after dinner is cleaned up all the way we run the load and we never have a pile of dishes in the sink. It's lovely really.
We have a little system that seems to work with laundry too. Chad carries a load or two up to the family room. I sit and fold it and put it back into the baskets. Chad carries the baskets up to the bedrooms and the kids help me put it away. It's not working as smoothly as the dishes but so far it's working good enough. It's just a matter of doing it more often to make it work just as well as the dishes. I think we should just keep it this way. Why not? If it works then keep doing it.
I will admit I've been going crazy wishing I could mop the floor, clean/organize the pantry, scrub bathrooms. Call it nesting. Call it boredom. It's probably a combination, frankly. I tried to go grocery shopping on Friday night. Thought it was a good idea. The list wasn't that long. Not such a good plan. It was too much. Sitting here, I think, how in the world was it too much?? I feel so lazy, and yet if I try to do more than make lunch and clean up afterward I start contracting and the pain in my ribs starts to kill me. On a good note: My breathing has significantly improved. I have moments of feeling like I can't breath. Pressure in my chest and just no satisfaction breathing deeply. But for the most part it's much better which gives me hope that tomorrow at my doc appt we can look into solving the problem. Instead of the answer just being "stay down for the next 8 weeks". I barely survived one week. I've LOVED having my family home all weekend. I don't think I can handle 8!
NOTE: Chase is Potty Trained!!! :) He doesn't have to be asked to go. He goes by himself! Poop and everything! Even nap time he wakes up dry! He is still in a diaper at night. That doesn't bother me at all. I am SO RELIEVED that he is doing sooo well before baby Collin is born! It's something I don't have to worry about and have a newborn and the financial relief is wonderful. Did double diapers for 8 months with Kyla after Chase was born. Don't want to again. So I'm feeling extremely blessed he caught on so quick. :) I love my little man!



Hang in there Pam! I know bed rest is not fun but your little guy and you obviously need it right now until they can figure everything out. I hope and pray that you can get the answers you need. Please let me know if you need anything else and I'll see you tomorrow when I bring dinner! Congrats on getting Chase potty trained! That is so not fun!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know you had a blog! I'm so happy you commented so now I can pop in here to read sometimes. I love bloggers:) I've always thought bed rest would suck. I'm sorry you have to be on it for so long. Guess you'll get plenty of reading in. Once baby comes Chad probably won't be able to keep you in doors:) Hope it passes by quickly.
ReplyDelete