I just realized that I didn't even post a dang thing about Christmas.... I think in my mind I told myself to wait until I had pics to go with it. Well, I finally downloaded my pics last night! :) So I guess it's time to talk about Christmas! ...in almost February. How. Sad.
We had a wonderful Christmas! The girls tried to wake up at 2AM! We are cool with waking up early...but not that early! So we were able to keep them to not opening their presents until 4:15am and then decided to get up. Why fight it? We were excited and not really sleeping anyway! Santa was very generous this year and gave the girls a big Barbie house. Between mom and dad getting them Barbie's and Grandma B giving them clothes they were extremely spoiled! Chase got a HUGE firetruck, remote control car, a 4 track race track with cars, etc. ... they each got a movie, some clothes, cute stocking stuffers. The usual things. :) They had a wonderful time opening and playing all morning.
After we were done opening our gifts we were able to Skype with the Thalman side. :) It was fun to get to see everyone. And technically it was the first time I got to see my little nephew Gideon (besides in pics). After that we got dressed and went over to the Barrett's for breakfast. We did omelets in a bag. You put your scrambled eggs in a bag with cheese and whatever else you want then put the bag (make sure they're heavy duty freezer bags) in boiling water and it cooks your eggs. Soooo yummy and the only way to do it when you have lots of people to feed. We were quite spoiled with more presents. On the way home we stopped by Great Grandma Thalman's house. But we were so tired at that point we didn't stay long. But it was really nice to say hi and wish them a Merry Christmas too! :)
Chad and I kept our Christmas small this year. I really don't feel like I missed out. My sister gave me a waffle maker. Best thing ever! We've had waffles a LOT since then. :) LOVE IT! Both Chad and I got our favorite perfume/cologne smells. Chad got a nice pair of pants and a couple of shirts. I got a cool book about entrepreneur. It's been quite insightful so far and helped us gain direction for our business. Nothing really too exciting. But we had a wonderful time being together and enjoying some much needed time off to just be together.



No comments:
Post a Comment