
I know I'm a little late. I have been so focused on staying alive (yes - I know it's exaggerated...) that I've forgotten all about making New Year's resolutions. Have to admit I never really have. Not in the Write-it-down and really think about it much kind of way. I always resolve to do better or be better. This year I'd like to make it a little more specific.
#1 - Start my own business. (Well, both Chad and I...) Gridlock Advertising. So far - so good, and we should be up and running before February.
#2 - Be a better Mom.
OK...I know I said more specific... We read from the Book of Mormon Stories every night before bed. Sometimes 2 stories because they can be short. Don't know how much the kids are really listening but I don't care as long as we make it a good habit.
I'm trying not to yell as much. And along with that, I'm trying to teach them more responsibility. Like - not cleaning up after them so much. Even my almost 3 year old son can pick up his own room, and so I make him. If Daija leaves her pens down, and Chase finds them, they get confiscated for a couple of days until she can have them back.
#3 - Don't eat out so much.
I know this might sound weird, but I've become a lazy cook. I can cook. I'm not a terrible cook. So I should be cooking healthy meals more frequently. Granted being put on bed rest hasn't helped this area. Chad's been very good to come home and cook for us. Or I'll at least get it started for him and then he'll finish and clean up once he's home. NOTE: He has been AMAZING supporting me in our trials lately. LOVE YOU CHAD!
#4 - Be honest.
Another weird one. And I won't confess everything for the world to see....but little white lies are still lies and I'm trying really hard to not to it at all.
#5 - Have better communication with my hubs and kids.
I've started to notice if I start talking to my kids and asking them detailed questions then I get detailed answers. I'm learning a lot about them. They are so different and think differently than one another. And I'm noticing also that after we have that open communication they are more willing to approach me without me having to play 20 questions. It's nice actually. :)
I think that's a pretty good list. Of course it's not everything I'm working on. The list is endless. I have a lot to perfect in my case. But it's nice to work on it, and feel like a little effort actually means something. So here's to a GREAT 2011!



No comments:
Post a Comment