Friday, July 15, 2011

Blessings and trials.

Thankfully what has me reflecting on all my blessings and trials isn't a trial I'm dealing with right now but the trial of a friend.
I am so thankful for my healthy, happy family. Funny to say because most of us have colds right now but I'll take colds over life threatening illness or broken bones and such.
I am so thankful for my loving, loyal, strong, supportive husband who takes such good care of his family.
I am so thankful for the gospel and the peace it brings from the knowledge of the plan of salvation. Thankfully I live in a day and age where we know that we come from a loving Heavenly Father and Mother who provided this life for us, and when we lose a loved one we know we will be with them again.
Although it's never easy losing someone.
My heart goes out to a dear friend who just had twins but lost her second one. I love her and her family and can't imagine the difficulty of so many emotions. Joy for the births and joy for the one but sadness from one passing away. My family is praying for her family. And if you feel so inclined I'm sure she could use all the prayers they can get. So please feel free to mention my friend - that their family will have to spirit of peace and comfort in knowing they will always have that sweet little baby in heaven waiting to greet them on the day of their own return to heaven.
It makes me hug my sweet babies a bit tighter - that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me feel EXTREMELY blessed. I couldn't imagine having lost one of my boys. I plain can't imagine losing any of my children. I also have a family friend whose son just passed away this past Tuesday from a brain stem tumor. He was 9 years old. It has had me reflecting on and counting my blessings all week. Life is so fragile and it's easy to take the time we do have with our family for granted. I too have been holding my 4 healthy, happy kids a little tighter. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge of eternal families.

    ReplyDelete