Monday, July 18, 2011

festivities

What I want to know is where else in the world can you find so much USA pride spirit for so long? The entire month of July in Utah is like one giant party. Seriously... Every weekend a different city is hosting their carnival and parades. This year they legalized BIG fireworks for the entire month! I swear - especially on the weekends - you can go outside of my house and see surround sound & sight fireworks. It's awesome! Then with the 24th of July coming up it's just going to be one bbq party after another. I love it! (For you out of Utah readers - that's Pioneer Day in Utah, it's kinda a big deal around here.) Quite frankly I was racking my brain trying to remember 4th of July festivities anywhere else I've lived and I really just - don't. I don't remember doing fireworks at the end of the driveway anywhere else but when we lived in Utah. I don't remember driving to a park and chilling on a blanket until what seemed WAY late at night to watch fireworks -except for when we lived in Utah. Maybe we did but I truly don't remember. I hope my kids remember. We have our little traditions but I hope they stand out as big memories for my kids when they get to be old like me. Firepits, smores, hotdogs, running through the sprinklers, and fireworks. Pretty much sums up the month of July for my family. What a good life. :)
Here a few random pics of my chillins. Hope you are all having a wonderful and safe July! Kyla after one of our busy summer days.


Daija took all of these pics except the last one. She thinks she's such a diva. Hahaha!


Chase running around....?


I asked Daija what in the heck this was ....she says she's being a fish. LOL That's one scary fish!



And welcome to the newest member of our family. Ninja is a baby corn snake. He's tiny right now but will grow up to be about 5 feet long and probably 6 inches around-ish. He's been fun to take out and let him explore. The kids love to see him and "hold" him. To make sure they don't drop him I always have half of him on me. They also love to "ewww!" at him when he eats his little mouse dinner. LOL It's been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment