Sunday, July 31, 2011

Collin - 5 Months

Collin will be 5 months old on August 3rd. Crazy how time flies nowadays.
He has all of a sudden become an expert on rolling over. He flips from his back to his stomach and then usually looks around and sees if there's anything worth trying to scoot (inch) his way toward. He props himself up with his forearms and uses his toes to scootch ever so slowly - reaching for that toy or glass of milk Daddy left by the couch. I have a feeling he'll be crawling before I know it! He LOVES playing with toys that hang above him. Either on his carseat or his little floor toy we have, if it's hanging up high he has to reach for it. He gets so excited and just just kicks and kicks and reaches. He's become really good at grabbing things he wants. He's even started to grab at "holding" his bottle to get it to his mouth quicker than I am getting it. hehehe AND....drum roll please... he is officially sleeping in his own crib in his own room! (well - sharing with Chase but you know what I mean...) This has been a struggle for me and quite stressful. Don't know why but thinking of him being that far away was really bugging me. Finally after several nights of about 0 sleep I decided it was time to put him in his crib. It's been about 3 nights now and last night he only woke up at 12:30 and 6. YAY Once you go from waking up 5 times a night to only 2 you'll realize how awesome it is to get 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I foresee even more lovely nights ahead. It's wonderful. Collin is quite the gabber as well. He just talks and talks. He loves being talked too and will sit and smile and gab at you for as long as you will sit and gab back. It is one of my favorite phases that is for sure! I LOVE the baby phase. Seriously. A little upset knowing this is my last baby. But you can't just keep having babies to enjoy the baby phase so after my babies are no longer in the baby phase I am definately going to have to adopt other ladies in my ward babies. :) Here are a few very recent pictures of Collin. The first is one of all my gorgeous children. They are growing like crazy. *sigh...trying to enjoy it while it lasts....

LOVE this one! He is so freaking cute!



Daddy was "blowing/growling" into his shirt and he thought it was hilarious. :) He loves Daddy!


1 comment:

  1. CUTE KIDS! I can't believe Collin is already 5 months!! It's crazy and sad how fast time is flying. I still can't believe my boys are 1! And Zack is starting 1st grade...I am not looking forward to that one. I'm gonna be a mess!

    ReplyDelete