I have discovered my children are actually chickens. Let me explain...
When I was growing up I LOVED water. I took swimming lessons when I was 10. I wasn't the best in the class or the fastest but I could swim all day and be very happy about it. Then when I got older I taught swimming lessons to little kids, which was awesome because I was a great swimmer at that point and it was an outdoor pool = tan! :) Pretty much the only time in my life that I've ever been tan. It was great.
Went swimming today at a friends apartment complex. It's perfect! No one else in the pool. Went from 3 feet to 8 feet. So not to big and not too little. Seriously perfect. Water is warm after you get in it and everything.
Daija had on arm floaties and with a large bed floatie was just fine on her own. Which was nice because of everyone else I had to worry about. Kyla had on arm floaties and a ring around her waist and still wouldn't get in. After literally pulling her into the water with me, loosening her death grip around my neck, making her realize she wouldn't sink, swimming back and forth the pool with her I was able to let go and she was able to splash and swim for a little while. Then she decided to just stay out of the pool and be in the sun. Whatever. Chase wouldn't put on arm floaties. He was content dangling his feet over the edge, but I wasn't. I pulled him into the pull directly into a death grip around my neck. Are you realizing the chickens?? Holy cow - I mean chickens - where did this fear of water come from??? NOT ME. So after getting Chase to try and use a little bed floatie (Didn't work too well...) he got back out and dangled his feet again. Eventually he did try to get in on the steps. He even went down two steps and sat on the first one which is covered with water so I'll take any baby steps I can get at this point.
I couldn't find a boat floatie for Collin though. You know - the cute ones with the big leaf for shade? Anybody knows where to get one or has one I can borrow please call me! :)
Thanks to Alicia who sat out with Collin this time so I could pull all my chickens into the water for a little while. LOL Next time I may even get a sitter for Collin and she can help me with the chickens. Hopefully, after we can go a few times my chickens will warp back into children once they get used to it. Here's a hoping. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment