For those of you who have not had the privilege to meet my mom there is something you need to know....So ...my mom is one of the most amazing people I know. She nevers says "no" to anything someone asks her to help with -to a fault. (just ask my dad who has to deal with my mom and everything she gets involved with because she never does) It may seem to some people like a bad idea to never say no - especially when you're crying from the overwhelming-ness of it all! - but it's a quality out of many that makes her special. She's always willing to serve. What a good example. We recently had a conversation about how she has observed how she has children that enjoy serving - I would like to think it's because of her good example. She is sensitive, loving, forgiving, understanding, always willing to lend an ear, always willing to lend her advice, sweet, and spiritual. One of the most spiritual people I know in fact. Even though she can seem pretty tough on the outside it's only her strictness that gets misunderstood. The world could do with a little more strictness. My mom is always there for me. Even when I have talked to her for days and days in a row - she still answers my phone call. Even though most of the time I don't have anything really to say. She's my bestest friend. She knows me and all my good and bad. My ugly and my beautiful. She knows me better than anybody else. She knows my faults and fears and loves me anyway. Even when she doesn't understand or agree with me - she loves me. I never have the same fear that you can sometimes get when you are with a friend and you do or say something that may be weird and you have that gut fear of being judged for it. I know with my mom she loves me anyway. And trust me - there is plenty of things we don't agree on or see eye to eye about, but there are so many things we do. I swear, we are so close we can tell when the other isn't feeling well because we won't feel well - even over the 1700 miles from here to Ohio. I hate living so far apart. It's a dang good thing I was born in a day and age of much modern communication. Because I need every form of it to stay in touch with her. I have become like one of those people I used to shake my head in misunderstanding at because they insist they could never live away from their mom. I understand now. I love you Mom. I miss you all the time. I hope you have the Happiest Mother's Day! Thank you for being my mom, and being the best mom and best friend I could ask for! Love, just me. I know this post is a little choppy. I just wrote it as it came out and didn't bother to go through and "fix" it up. It's my raw, true emotions. The way it should be.



No comments:
Post a Comment