Wednesday, May 25, 2011

never ending project

My yard sucks more money out of me than anything I've ever known! (except when we were working on the basement - that's still not done...)
Slowly but surely it is getting done though and starting to get that finished feel to it. If only I could just do it all in one big swoop then I wouldn't have to stress about it anymore. However, it is probably, unfortunately, as done as it will be for a while. Since the hubs says fundage is all gone. So for now please enjoy these pics of what IS done. :) My beautiful "tropical" tree! It will grow 6-8 feet tall. It's my new favorite thing in the yard! I have no idea what it's called, or if I have to take the "spent" flowers off of it...I think I do... but it is gorgeous and I'm way excited to watch it grow. Which now means that the East side of my house is nearly complete. I am still in need of some grass behind where the tulips are (even though I've had to trim them all down already - thank you wind and children...) and some snapdragons are going to go interspersed in the tulips so when they die each year the snapdragons will come up and I don't have to replant ever again! :) yay!



We redid the firepit as well. It used to be 8 bricks around. Now it's 12. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to have our first fire in it this year...probably this weekend. :) Also note, the new green tree in the background. It is quite nice and makes the other not so green but not all the way dead trees look atrocious but we are still debating what to do about the other trees so for now it's just the way it is. Weeds will be gone this weekend. And eventually more phlox will be going down in front of each tree as well. We'll see how long it takes to get that done...

And the hideous electrical box area has now been beautified! We bought the cute pinkish flowers and black bark last weekend. It really makes a huge difference! It's the only spot I can really say is DONE. It actually looks like we know what we're doing too which is refreshing.

Cute right?

1 comment: