Saturday, May 21, 2011

Running Day 4

This morning was ok. I ran the first 1.5 miles and quite honestly it went by faster than I thought it would. We got to the point on the trail to turn around and I was surprised we were there already. I hope that means my lungs are getting stronger and that I'm building some stamina. Wouldn't mind seeing the weight start to melt away... :) Bummer note: Last night I was carrying something down the stairs and kinda tweaked my knee. I didn't think it was that bad. It doesn't bother me to walk and it didn't really bother me at all doing the yard work today (ok a little when I was shoveling...) but by the time I was done with the first 1.5 it was really buggin. So I had to speed walk most of the way back. I did try to jog a little bit and especially the last 1/4 mile. My friend was already finished by the time I hit 1/4 mile left and so I pushed through the pain so she didn't have to wait so long for me to get done. Hopefully resting it tomorrow and doing a short run on Monday (weather permitting ugh!) will help it feel better.

*Fingers Crossed!*

Emotionally I will admit I am starting to enjoy it. I would have NEVER thought that would happen. I don't particularly look forward to going. I swear it is 75% just getting dressed and out the door. As soon as I start jogging I'm fine! Crazy how the lazy mind works. I do look forward to it becoming an addiction. I could use a healthy one to replace my soda one. LOL Hopefully as I continue I can prove enough dedication to justify new shoes, which will in turn help me enjoy it even more. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment