Monday, May 9, 2011

Running Day 1



Ok so I'm dual purposing. I'm going to start tracking my running and how I feel during and after. I haven't had a exercise regime that I've actually stuck to since I was married over 8 years ago. I've been lucky to not be a gigantic fatty by now - especially after having 4 kids. But I'm completely unhappy with my body right now. I almost gave up even trying to find something to wear to church yesterday and just wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep until I was skinny again. (yes...I tend to over exaggerate) What's not an over exaggeration though is the 20 lbs I have to lose before I will look like the me that my brain still thinks that I am. So I have a good friend that is kind enough to let me jog with her. We are about the same height which helps because I don't have to run twice as fast to keep up with someone way taller than me. :) So we are going Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.


Today: Day One - We ran 2.5 miles.


Now, when I say run I mean jog/walk/pant/run to catch up to friend/jog/walk home. LOL It's a work in progress and I know I'm not going to be able to just dive right in and be good at it. But I went the whole way and I never stopped but once to stretch a second then kept going even if it was a very fast walking pace near the end. I hope my body will suck in this tummy fast and my lungs will catch on quickly that this is something we are going to do from now on. Pray for me that I can even move tomorrow/run again on Wednesday. :)

Day One down...kabillion more to go!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good job Pam! I saw Jessica go by and then you and I wondered if you were together or if it was just a coincidence that you both ran tonight...lol! Good job just keep it up and it will get easier and actually enjoyable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I think running is horrendous, and I swear I will never pick up that habit! lol. But, I will exercise in other ways. Two months ago, when I decided that I -needed- to get back to a better weight, I chose to make my goal 50lbs lighter than what I was! I wish I only had to lose 20...because that seems so much easier now! I have already lost 11lbs, though!

    ReplyDelete