Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Venting 101

I find that venting ill feelings is very therapeutic. However, venting to someone about someone else can cause the person to have ill feelings toward the person I'm venting about. Therefore, I struggle venting when it's about people because I don't like putting them down to others. Sometimes though it's difficult to not vent somewhere. I know this blog is my "journal" of sorts, but even on here there are some things that are too personal to share. So, alas, I must find some other means to vent.
Soooo....
Today. Wednesday. I think most of us woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Chase in just on one. I told him he couldn't open a lunchable just to eat the oreos. This resulted in a throw down tantrum that resulted in "going to your room" from mom, which resulted in a "leave me alone!" from Chase. That's nice. Kyla has been the only one in a decent mood. Daija actually made it out the door on time this morning with her teeth brushed and hair done too. It's a miracle! Collin didn't sleep half bad last night which would normally mean that Mommy got decent sleep too but Daddy didn't get home from basketball until almost 11:30 which made Mommy stay sorta awake but at least in bed worrying about when he was going to get home. Results: still tired. Lame. I need something to turn these blues into a rainbow of happiness. Pondering...pondering... I think I'm going to plan a little getaway for just me and Chad. This is a dangerous option really. Because planning will actually lift my mood, but then there's a very real chance of not getting to actually GO on the getaway. I will use caution. But this is something I just have to do. Let the planning begin...!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, it's been a bad day here, too. I'm mostly just trying to ignore the kids while I waste my time on the computer, trying to get in a better mood. It's not working (which I should have known it wouldn't). But...it's hard to be happy when you have a biter (with SIX teeth, I might add) that can't decide if he wants to nurse or chomp. :( Good luck planning! I want to plan a getaway, too. But, I'm pretty sure it won't happen either....the downside of buying a van. Ugh, this is a depressing comment. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope your plans work out! I am feeling the same way especially with our anniversary coming up!

    ReplyDelete