Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running Day 3

I made it! We ran last night. Chad's phone has this awesome little app that can track where you are on the GPS and figure out how fast you are going and track your miles etc. It's quite nifty and even tells you every now and then, in a deep, male, accented voice how far you've gone in how long. Last night, we drove up to 1000 and 2300 and started running south on the new trail. It is beautiful! Even though there are some slight changes in up and down it's a pretty straight shot and I quite enjoyed it. It makes ALL the difference in the world to have a friend to go with. Especially a friend who runs the same slow as you. :)

We ran 3 miles in 35 minutes! I ran nonstop the first mile and a half. Speed walked some, jogged, speed walked one more time and was able to finish the last 3/4 mile run/jogging. It felt good! I'm extremely tired today, half due to the rough night of no sleep with Collin (He is in this nasty habit of sleeping in the afternoon...goal: change that!), and half due to my legs being fatigued. But it's all going to be worth it when I lose at least 10 of these 20 pounds! Here's to reaching your goals! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I was really into running before I got prego with the twins. Still haven't had a chance to get back into it and here they're 1 tomorrow! I wish I had a running buddy to help get me motivated again. If only we lived closer together!!

    ReplyDelete