Friday, June 3, 2011

3 Months Old

My baby is 3 months old today! I can't believe it.

Collin can hold his head up like a pro. I discovered yesterday that I can't leave him on the couch unattended anymore. Luckily not the hard way and no he's not rolling over yet. He did roll over once but it was right after I laid him on his tummy and it was instant reaction and hasn't done it since. In fact when I lay him on his tummy he throws a huge fit and I can only stand to listen to him cry for a couple of minutes. Little turd. Cute. Little turd. But I left him on the couch on his boppy pillow and came back to find he had kicked enough to scoot out of the boppy and had pushed against the back of the couch enough to be aimed head first off the couch. I'm glad I came back into the room so quickly after leaving him there so I didn't have to hear the thud and then the crying. So no more couch without Mommy. :)

He has the cutest smile that makes the lack of sleep seem worth it. Recently (like in the last week) he has tried giggling. But it's still in the big-huge-smile-not-breathing-and-no-noise-coming-out stage. It's quite hilarious. Now and then he gets out a blurb of noise but not quite a real giggle. It's the most adorable thing! Usually early in the morning when I grab him out of the bassinet, that is getting too small, and put him in bed with me, I will sit and just smile and talk to him and he will smile and coo and gurgle back. He is a very happy baby. I love him so much!

I already mentioned he hates tummy time, but he loves his swing. In fact there is usually one point of every day that he gets fussy. Clean diaper, not hungry, doesn't want to be held, doesn't want to lay on the floor, so put him the swing and WaLa! he settles right down and usually goes to sleep. It's great! Best invention ever.

He looks like Chase. His little cheeks have filled in and it's funny to look at them together and they seriously are like twins. Except Chase looks great in orange and Collin doesn't. That one doesn't make sense to me but o well...

Collin has the sweetest little spirit. He loves to smile and talk to his siblings. He stares at Chad when Chad's talking and if he walks around the room Collin will follow him with his eyes. I love when I haven't been around for a while (like run to the store or something) and I come home and he gives me the biggest grin. He loves to cuddle with me. And I love holding him. I mentioned him growing out of the bassinet. I'm terrified of moving him into the crib. I've tried a couple of times this week to lay him in there for nap time. He has woke up every time. We'll keep trying.

Love you Collin!

No comments:

Post a Comment