I live in a wonderful neighborhood. It's close knit. I know most of my immediate neighbors. My street is quiet. I don't even have a fence and I don't worry too much about my kids going outside by themselves. Unless I tell them to stay inside...but that's a different post... However, I am very conveniently located within walking distance to basically anything I could ever need to do on any given day. I have four credit unions, McD's, Wendy's, Little Caesars, Subway, Mexican food whose name escapes me right now...Walgreens, Carl's Jr., Lowes, Kohl's, WalMart, Seagull Book, Macey's grocery, gas station, car wash, Great Harvest Bread (mmmm)....plus more, but you get the idea. I love the fact that all of it is sooo close and yet my street is still quiet. Quite frankly it's seriously perfect and I couldn't have done it on purpose any better. I got lucky, because I didn't know it would be like this when we moved in. Many of these things have been added recently.
In the last week a GIANT flag has gone up in the back corner of the Macey's parking lot. It's almost on the corner and you can see it large and clear from quite a ways down the street in any direction. When I first saw it my heart swelled with pride. I said to myself, "Now that's patriotic!". It made me want a flag in my yard. How silly that such a thing would make me feel such a strong emotion but I was extremely proud to live in America and be an American. It's made me crave the 4th of July early this year. Living in Utah I can enjoy an entire month of it because of Pioneer Day on the 24th as well. I love the double dose!!
I won't lie. The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. It's a fun filled day of parades, taffy, cotton candy, scones, wearing red white and blue, sunscreen, pulled pork sandwiches, carnivals, and fireworks! I LOVE fireworks! Since I've had kids I haven't really gone to see any big fireworks. We always do a few with the family out in our section of the street. At least one of my kids have always been afraid of the big ones and this year won't be any different with Collin being so little. Once again my perfect little house, in it's perfect little spot comes to the rescue. I can sit in my backyard, in a lawn chair; spray my kids down with bug spray and lay them on a blanket, and watch Clinton City's fireworks from the comfort of my own home without dealing with ash or traffic. Can you seriously think of anything better??? I think not. And since my little city has grown to include so many of those wonderful businesses I just listed the taxes have made the firework show get better and better, year to year.
So if any of you don't want to deal with the traffic and ash yourselves, you are more than welcome to come sit in my quaint backyard and enjoy Doritos and Twizzlers with us! :)
!!!God Bless the USA!!!



Great! Now all the loud party animals are gonna read this and come wreck havoc in our hood. Oh wait your the party animal.:) Just kidding! I LOVE our lil town too, it's the BEST! And the 4th of July IS the best Holiday, next to Halloween of course!
ReplyDelete