Soooo...apparently when Chad and I make the most adorable children on the planet we forget to add in the ability to poop easily, because Kyla, Chase, and now Collin suffer from constipation. Kyla's and Chase's were very similar. Be constipated as soon as they go on normal cow milk and stay constipated until the miraculous day they become potty trained.
*I blame diapers. Why wear anything? Let's all just be naked!
Collin, the poor thing, has started early, and at just shy of 4 months he can't poop. I was really hoping to avoid this life of enemas and suppositories and Miralax and trying to add prunes to everything and crying as I helplessly watch my baby struggle. Collin was supposed to break the cycle. Maybe it's my fault. Was I wrong to let him eat peas the other day? It's the only difference in his diet so really I can't blame the formula cause everything was smooth flowing before. Maybe it wasn't early introduction but he just doesn't like peas. You would think on kid number 4 that I would be an expert at this raising kids thing but I always feel like a new mom. Good advice would be greatly appreciated - just remember kindness at the forefront. :)
Ok. So I just googled "when to start babies on solid food", and I should have before I gave him peas. I am officially the worst mother. I gave him solid food too early, it was the wrong kind, and he doesn't fit any of the "ready" criteria. Guess that answers my questions. But it doesn't solve the how to make him poop now....Karo syrup? Before I try it I need to figure out if i's safe....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You are not the worst Mother! People make mistakes, it happens. I would call your Pediatrician and see what he/she says to do. I don't know how many times I have called mine because I wasn't sure on something. That's why they are there! Good luck with it all and we need to get together soon. I'll call you after the 4th to plan something! :)
ReplyDeleteI second that you are -not- the worst mother!!! If you think it really was the peas, just take away all solid foods. (I can't remember if you have been able to pump more or not, if you have any breastmilk still, give Collin some. It's a natural laxative and might help.) Good luck! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete