Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pea's

Collin is nearly 4 months old now. Apparently I don't remember how to be a mom from baby to baby. So I sat in the baby food isle forever trying to figure out how old a baby should be before trying solid foods. I couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4 months or longer... but the cereal box said supported sitter...and that Collin is. So I bought a box of cereal a couple of weeks ago. He's tried it a couple of times, and true to Baby Barrett form hates plain cereal! Which is why he's only had it a couple of times, because he just won't eat it. So today I broke out the stage one peas. I only have him a few large spoonfuls, which for him was more like a dozen spoonfuls. Just enough to try it and see if he liked it and then see how it sat with his tummy. He LOVED them! Ate every last drop of them. With a big ole' smile to boot! LOL I love this messy stage. As long as I'm in charge of the spoon. With any luck we'll keep trying new foods over the next several weeks and then mix in the cereal, cause I'm sure the grains are good for him. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I Love this age too! Especially when it comes time for Birthday cake, that's the best! I can't ever remember from baby to baby either. I forgot everything and become like a new mom again. :)

    ReplyDelete