Sunday, June 12, 2011

First Review


I don't know why but lately I've been thinking that it would be kinda cool to share my opinion on here about things that I try. Like a survey of sorts. Figure in this land of sharing all important and nonimportant thoughts alike it would be kinda fun to put my thoughts in my journal form.
First poll:
Venus Proskin Razor
First of all let me say I always use Venus. I love Embrace the most. I usually use plain conditioner for "shaving cream" but sometimes do buy a shaving gel/cream. I recieved a coupon to try Proskin for free so I figured -what the heck.
At first slide I thought things were going to be heavenly. The razor glides across my wet legs with extreme ease and feels smooth and comfortable. No need for shaving gel or conditioner of any kind. It was even easy to shave my knees which was nice. I was all about to declare my new favorite until I got out of the shower. One word: stubble. Not. Cool. I think it probably has a little to do with the gel bars being so big on the first use the 3 blades can't get that close. Then I'm also used to dealing with 5 blades and miss it. But I still had plenty of use with this razor and it's two cartridges.
*Side note: Being a mother of 4 I don't shave every day. More like once a week - Saturday usually so I don't look like a banchee at church. LOL So stubble right away was a very bad sign. My hair is thick and dark and grows quickly.*
In an attempt to give this product every possible advantage I shaved again two days later. Still just as smooth of a shave. Still felt wonderful. Problem with shaving frequently after you are used to shaving infrequently = razor burn. Plus, still had some stubble by the end of the day. I suppose if you have blonde, soft, slow growing hair this would be a wonderful shaver, but so far it's not my favorite for sure. I will continue to try and shave every other day until my two cartridges are all used up. Maybe by then my opinion will change.
Sum it up: Pros - very smooth and easy. Especially over bumps like knees. Also great on armpits. Cons - stubble and razor burn (which may go away) and have to shave more frequently because it only has 3 blades.

Now you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment