Friday, June 3, 2011

the Piano

So I am volunteering at a school's art gallery tonight. I am playing the piano to help "set the mood". You know, like at a fancy hotel or something. Except it isn't fancy and I'm not that good. hehe I am nervous. I enjoy playing very much. Quite frankly, it's been a passion of mine my whole life. Just ask my parents. They used to ground me from the piano to make me do my homework. You would think I would be better at it then, but teaching myself has made for slow progress. Now as an adult it is difficult to afford good lessons that actually challenge me, because I'll admit the "normal" piano lessons are just too boring. So I continue to try to improve on my own. I wish I had more time to dedicate to it. Remember being a kid and having that "I can't wait until I'm older" mentality?? WHY!? I'm finally reaching the age that I understand why my parents always told me to enjoy my youth. That saying, "Youth is wasted on the young"? SO TRUE! I don't have any time to myself these days = no piano practice time. I remember just sitting and playing for hours a day. I could easily still play for hours. Chad laughs whenever I say I would like more, new music. I have a very full music bench, a stuffed music holder on the floor, and more up on the piano of what I'm currently working on. It's never enough. I would have an entire bookcase if I could - and some day I will. :) Anyway, rambling on... just nervous and excited about tonight. Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll even play well enough to gain a couple more piano students for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment